Hot on the heels of the Guerrilla Cardio release, we have another running app out. Couch to 5k is the famous beginner training program: 3 days a week, 30-40 minutes of jogging and walking a day, for a 9 week total.
At the end of the program, you’ll be able to run 5km for about 30minutes, without stopping. Interested?
Go Couch to 5k has the same feature set as Guerrilla Cardio:
- near real-time speed and distance tracking
- animated display of pace changes
- automatic highlight of the maximum achieved speed during the run
- full run history with extensive details about each run
- plot of the each run on Google Maps
- voice feedback during the run
- ability to choose music inside the app, even construct a playlist just before the run
- share the best pace on Twitter and Facebook
This is a perfect starting program for new runners . It takes off as lightly as possible, gradually increasing the pace, but nothing really major. And what’s even better, it can be perfectly combined with Guerrilla Cardio. Don’t do it from the start, but from say 4th or 5th week of Couch to 5k program.
Then you can do:
- Mon/Wed/Fri – Couch to 5k
- Tue/Thu/Sat – Guerrilla Cardio
Start this in the spring and by the summer you would be as it as you ever hoped to be.
Go Couch to 5k is available worldwide on the App Store, for $2.99.